Sunday, November 9, 2008

Sorry to be gone so long

Sorry I have been away from my blog. I would like to do a few quick updates.

First of all, Henry is at 35 days Grand-Mal free today! Tomorrow will be a new record for how long he has made it. November 20th he has an appt. with Dr. Buck and will have his Phenobarbital level checked via blood test. My prediction is the level is right about in the middle. Not real high, but not real low either.

Also, I would like to share an observation. Those of you who have followed our journey through Henry's health issues since the beginning, know that Henry used to be prone to diarrhea, and that was how we found out Flagyl is a trigger. Anyways, since Henry started homecooked, he has not had diarrhea even once. It's a great recipe not just for dogs with epilepsy, but for dogs with IBD, chronic diarrhea, etc. In fact, it was originally created for Lucky's IBD. (IBD=irritable bowel disorder)

Also, I have been meaning to blog about Pancreatitis. Unfortunately this seems to be a fairly common affliction among dogs who are on AED's, especially if they are on both Phenobarbital and Potassium Bromide. So I would like to make sure everyone is aware of the symptoms and knows what to do. My friend's epi-pup Topaz was diagnosed with it about a month ago and she has learned alot since then, so I will be linking to her blog so you can benefit from her experience.

No comments: